If you are upgrading to a new hardware device and want to move your StyleTap applications and data, you can use the following manual procedure. Obviously, this only works if you can still access the old device. This procedure also assumes that StyleTap is installed in main memory (the default location) on both devices.
You must copy three sets of files from the old device to the new.
1. Download the latest version of StyleTap Platform from www.styletap.com and install it on your new device.
2. Go back to your old machine and verify that StyleTap still works there and it has the data and applications that you want.
3. Exit from StyleTap by going to the StyleTap Launcher and choosing the menu option Applications / Exit. (This is important!)
4. Put this device in its cradle and connect via ActiveSync to your desktop PC.
5. Use ActiveSync Explorer to copy the folder "/ My Device / Program Files / StyleTap / db" from the old device to a temporary location on your desktop hard drive. Copy the entire folder; all of the contents will come along with the folder.
6. Disconnect the old device from your desktop PC.
7. Put the new device in its cradle and connect it via ActiveSync to the desktop PC.
8. Verify that StyleTap runs on the new device. Don't worry about the Registration Key or the user name for the device. You will need to get a new Registration Key from StyleTap, but you can do that anytime during the 14-day trial period. If you no longer use StyleTap on the old device, we will not charge you for a new Registration Key.
9. Exit from StyleTap on the new device. (Important again!)
10. Using ActiveSync Explorer or File Explorer, delete the entire folder "/ My Device / Program Files / StyleTap / db" from the new device.
11. Using ActiveSync Explorer, copy the folder that you backed up on your desktop PC and paste it onto your new device as "/ My Device / Program Files / StyleTap / db".
12. Using ActiveSync Explorer or File Explorer on your new device, go into the folder "/ My Device / Program Files / StyleTap / db" and delete the file with a name that starts with "Saved Preferences#...". (This file is linked to the the hardware serial number on the old device and must be deleted. You may lose some program settings from your old StyleTap environment, but you will not lose any data.)
13. Now use the same procedure to copy the second set of files from your old device to your new device. (These files let you launch individual StyleTap applications directly from Windows Mobile.) The files are located in the folder My Device / Program Files / StyleTap / exe on your old device. Copy the ones that you are interested in to the folder with the same name on your new device.
14. Now use the same procedure to copy the third set of files from your old device to your new device. (These files provide icons for your StyleTap applications under Start / Programs.) The files are located in the folder My Device / Windows / Start Menu / Programs on your old device. Copy the ones that you are interested in to the folder with the same name on your new device.
15. Now run StyleTap on your new device. Your old applications should be there, with their Windows icons, and you should be able to change the user name on the device to its previous value.